Recipe credit: Darshana Muzumdar
Serves 4-6 as an accompaniment for idlis or as an accompaniment in a traditional Indian meal.
- ½ coconut (1 cup) fresh and grated
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp chana dal (split chickpeas)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain the chickpeas.
- Heat an iron tempering ladle and roast the chickpeas till they become light brown. Take care that they don’t burn.
- Add all the Ingredients in a blender jar and blend with as little water as possible.
- Serve fresh with any Indian snacks like idli, dosa, uttappam, medu vada, batata vada, samosa, etc.
Note: This chutney can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.