Recipe credit: Darshana Muzumdar
The combination of lime juice and mint is as old as the mountains and though it is a traditional drink, the use of raisins instead of sugar or jaggery makes it really so much more delicious and healthy too! This cooling drink will leave you refreshed and asking for more, especially in the warm summer months and you won’t ever want to go back to your tea with milk! Moreover, it’s a hit with children as well, so you can serve it at their birthdays instead of harmful colas.
- 4 glasses of water
- 60 gm (around 60-80 leaves or ¾ cup) mint leaves
- Juice of 4 limes
- Jaggery to taste, shaved or grated
- 1 tsp pani puri masala (optional)
- Wash and blend the mint leaves with the lime juice and one cup of water.
- Add the jaggery and pani puri masala if you’re using it, and blend again so the jaggery gets dissolved.
- Add the rest of the water or ice and serve.
- This is a great replacement for the morning tea you crave for when you initially start off on your vegan/plant-based journey. It’s also a great drink to serve guests at any time of day.
For the Whole-Food Plant-Based (WFPB) version:
- Rinse and soak 6 tablespoons of raisins for at least 4-6 hours in just enough water to cover them.
- Blend them along with the soaking water in 1 cup water till they get crushed.
- Add the mint leaves and lemon juice and blend once again. Add the rest of the water or ice and serve.