(Recipe credit: Darshana Muzumdar)
Learn why smoothies are important. However, I also believe that eating fruits helps in achieving our optimum health. Please learn more from Gaurav Goyal and his group Eat Fruits and Heal. This information is shared in Hindi. Here’s a simple explanation that Gaurav Goyal shares.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is important for anyone with diabetes, hypertension or other lifestyle disease to check their sugar and blood pressure levels or other relevant parameters every day when they start having a green smoothie, as it naturally heals the body and the medication will need to be reduced under the supervision of their medical doctor.
- 1 cup leafy greens like spinach, fenugreek, celery leaves, beetroot leaves, ambat chuka, rajgira, chawali, etc.
- ½ cup mint
- 2 large bananas (or three to four small ones)
- 1-2 soft dates pitted
- ½” piece ginger
- 1 lime
- ⅛ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp rock salt
- ½ – 1 cup water
Note: Frozen bananas make the smoothie cold and give it a smoother consistency. You can add crushed ice instead of water to make a cold smoothie if the bananas are not frozen.
- Grind or crush the ginger so that no lumps are left in the smoothie.
- Add the greens, the ginger, dates and a little water in a blender jar and blend till it is the consistency of a chutney.
- Add bananas, lime juice, pepper powder, rock salt, and the rest of the water and blend it all till it becomes a smooth homogeneous drink.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve at once.
This is a Whole-Food Plant-Based (WFPB) recipe!
For more information on disease reversal with the help of a green smoothie visit goodbyelupus.com and smoothieshred.com
There are many plant-based doctors in India like Dr Nandita Shah of SHARAN, Dr Rupa Shah of Circle Of Health, Dr Vidya Chakravarty of Promotive Health, Dr Rashmi Menon and Dr Nishita Dodhia Shah in Mulund, Mumbai, Dr Saravanan in the South, Dr Achyuthan Eswar of Sampoorna Ahara, etc. to consult with if you wish.