This tea is a good replacement for the morning cup of tea made with dairy milk that most Indians are used to. It’s less acidic because of the lime juice, too. Once you have this for a few days, you won’t want to go back to your old habit of tea with milk. And a better replacement would be kasai or even better would be a green smoothie or some delicious ripe sweet fruit. I believe that eating fruits helps in achieving our optimum health. Please learn more from Gaurav Goyal and his group Eat Fruits and Heal. This information is shared in Hindi. Here’s a simple explanation that Gaurav Goyal shares.
- ¼ tsp tea leaves
- 1-2 tsp sugar/1 tbsp jaggery (palm sugar)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup (200 ml) water
- Add the sugar or jaggery to the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the tea leaves and turn off the heat immediately.
- Cover the pot and let the tea brew for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir and strain into a cup or mug, add the lime juice, give it a stir, and serve hot.